Hey! I'm Deanna. Here are a bunch of relevant bullet points.
- I'm a registration assistant at a fantastic community college in Maryland.
- My name is pronounced "dee - ahh - nuh" instead of what it actually looks like ("dee - anne - uh").
- I'm a proud University of Maryland alum with a BA in History and Women's Studies.
- I love keeping up with pop culture happenings, especially in music.
- I post from time to time about stuff like that on Tumblr and Pinterest. (I share IRL pics - mostly sunsets, it seems! - on Instagram.) And I kept a music review blog from '07-'11. I keep meaning to get back to it someday!
- My fave personal belonging is my iPod. I finally moved on to the Touch in 2016 after the tragic discontinuation of the Classic.
- My iPod contains a ton of stuff by my faves Kate Bush and Kylie Minogue. Their music has soundtracked my life for years!
- Gone With The Wind (1939) is my favorite movie, but every Christmas, I wonder whether it's actually It's A Wonderful Life (1946) that I love most of all.
- Books-wise, Gone With The Wind (Margaret Mitchell) really is my fave. Kate Chopin's The Awakening has my heart, too. (I also read too many magazines.)
- Are You Being Served? and Blackadder are my all-time TV essentials. (And Family Guy, because why not.)
And one more thing:
Since I'm a pop culture nut, my favorite quote is the title lyric from the above Pet Shop Boys song. The phrase sums up the perspective I try to keep, even - especially! - when things get a bit rough. I figure that there's just as much chance that things can go OK as go bad, and I try to err on the side of happy. On the side of hope, and stuff like that. (I talk more about that sort of thing on this rather long history of my experiences with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.)